One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition of cattle in drought-affected areas, in which the dried-out folds of the stomach resemble the pages of a book.‘half the herd would die of dry bible’
- ‘If sheep are affected with dry bible what could be done to prevent it?’
- ‘We've already had dry bible in our district.’
- ‘In 1907 there were were 47,480 deaths from dry bible.’
- ‘The disease was known to the laity as "dry bible" and ascribed to the dry nature of the feed.’
- ‘What are the first signs of dry bible in cows?’
- ‘Dry bible is causing considerable mortality among sheep in South Australia.’
- ‘The disease produced is sometimes known as "Dry Bible".’
- ‘A high proportion of this class of beast has an acid reaction with the urine, which is also the case in dry bible, and in some forms of coast disease.’
- ‘Perhaps the most common opinion held is that poison peach causes dry bible, which is impaction of the third stomach of ruminants.’
- ‘In Queensland it is tick fever in another dry bible and in another there is coast disease and so on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.