One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electric battery consisting of one or more dry cells.
- ‘It works just as well, providing season-long protection on one 9-volt dry battery.’
- ‘The program is in the development stage, but is expected to focus initially on wiring devices, dry batteries, circuit breakers, and wire.’
- ‘Each set had a dry battery as well and they only lasted in a short period.’
- ‘First, the schools needed to buy dry batteries, which in some cases they could not afford.’
- ‘For instance, not until operational research scientists in Australia investigated the effect of a tropical climate on the operational life of dry batteries was the constant failure of radios in the New Guinea campaign eradicated.’
- ‘The radio was very important and it ran on a dry battery; every time the battery ran out they had to go and get a new one.’
- ‘Wrought zinc has chemical characteristics particularly adapted to certain uses, such as dry batteries and photoengraver's plate, and offers combinations of desirable physical and mechanical properties at relatively low cost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.