Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Himalayan primula with a globular head of flowers on an erect stem.
- ‘The drumstick primrose is an early bloomer - March in my garden.’
- ‘Far easier to please is Primula denticulata, the drumstick primula, which comes in a variety of colours.’
- ‘There is also a lovely honeysuckle, some crocosmia, lilac drumstick primula, catmint, rosemary and sage.’
- ‘Perennials that have seeded themselves into the borders include the blue grass, marjoram, evening primrose and the purple-flowered drumstick primula.’
- ‘The rounded flower heads of Drumstick Primrose appear very early in the spring.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.