One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of drums, cymbals, and other percussion instruments, used with drumsticks in jazz and popular music. The most basic components are a foot-operated bass drum, a snare drum, a suspended cymbal, and one or more tom-toms.
- ‘The drum kit becomes a blur, shaking from the machine gun and cannon sounds emanating from within.’
- ‘Some of them sound like a drum kit submerged in water.’
- ‘I stood and stared for what seemed to be an hour, and then Sam's mates started up their music - one of them on a drum kit, one on lead guitar and another on bass.’
- ‘A variety of suspended cymbals is made for the drum kit.’
- ‘Pat Wilson took his place behind the drum kit minus his glasses.’
- ‘Similarly Todd Trainer strikes his drum kit with the consistency and power only available to precision machinery.’
- ‘Shortly after this photo was taken, Simon enthusiastically smashed his guitar head on the drum kit putting it hopelessly out of tune.’
- ‘Her poster on the wall behind her drum kit had been removed and her drumstick bag was gone.’
- ‘Now you're wondering if a broke musician in a cover band who bought his first drum kit last year is really worth your time.’
- ‘As soon as Lucas tapped the crash cymbal on the drum kit to end the song, Sonya let go of the microphone and ran out of the room.’
- ‘Kurt threw himself into his drum kit and everyone was rocking out.’
- ‘It took an hour to set up the oddest-looking drum kit Jack had ever seen.’
- ‘Two stacks of speakers were on the platform, along with a drum kit and two guitars.’
- ‘Jessie was sitting at the drum kit with a saxophone hanging at her side.’
- ‘These drumbeats maybe metronome-steady, but that's only because the man is doing nothing on the drum kit.’
- ‘Her stand-in guitarist seems less impressed and removes it placing it diplomatically on the drum kit, out of harm's way.’
- ‘In the center of the stage was a drum kit, and a bass and guitar sat in stands on either side of the stage.’
- ‘The sounds of short beats on the drum kit and guitars being tuned reached the ears of the customers.’
- ‘We can put a microphone in front of a drum kit.’
- ‘Behind us, Pat began warming himself up on his drum kit, executing a quick succession of flurried beats.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.