One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of dance music characterized by bare instrumentation consisting largely of electronic drums and bass, originating in Britain during the early 1990s.
- ‘With their distinct north African accent, both bands are making a name for themselves with their unmistakable blend of drum and bass, jazz, funk and electronica.’
- ‘A cheap sound system pumped out drum and bass as a sparse yet expectant crowd gathered.’
- ‘Before techno, before trance, before drum and bass, there was house.’
- ‘This is a superb representation of where drum and bass is today.’
- ‘Though the glitchy, minimal dub style coming out of Germany is largely ignored on Select Cuts, the record showcases a mixture of sounds influenced equally by drum and bass, hip hop, and techno.’
- ‘He has had the opportunity to play with musicians of diverse musical orientations - jazz, funk, hip-hop, drum and bass and gospel.’
- ‘Electronic music styles have sprouted like shoots off the main stems of house, trance, hard core, techno and drum and bass.’
- ‘The CD kicks off with a bunch of drum and bass, which is fair enough by me, but then switches to a slower tempo by changing from 45 to 33 on the turntable.’
- ‘Why make this music as opposed to techno, drum and bass or house?’
- ‘I like electronica, techno, easy listening, and drum and bass.’
- ‘Garage and drum and bass can leave me a bit cold, but I'm sure there's something out there that I'd love’.’
- ‘You hear Eminem, drum and bass or dance music at all hours.’
- ‘Much of Truffaz's music utilizes elements of electronic music, primarily drum and bass - it's a fusion, if you will.’
- ‘Subtle use of a heavily delayed electric guitar and slick drum and bass make this track a standout.’
- ‘We feel that grime has the potential to become an internationally recognised genre as drum and bass has.’
- ‘Particularly now, when drum and bass and electronica are becoming even more popular, Brown sounds like British electronic music while still remaining original.’
- ‘Ska, dub, house, drum and bass, hip hop and UK garage have all been thrown in to The Streets' sampler for processing and rearrangement.’
- ‘This album was responsible for saving the form of drum and bass from slipping into obscurity.’
- ‘The Dwellers' music could be described as a mixture of funked-out, jazzy-fantastic, savvy soul grooves with a hint of drum and bass and a gritty hip hop edge.’
- ‘The group's sound is blank canvas of electronic soundscapes that fuse techno, hip hop, drum and bass and house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.