One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On one of the hills on the estate is a monolith known as St Augustine's stone, which is said to have been in some way connected with Druidical worship, while Drewton itself is a corruption of the name ‘Drewid's Town’.’
- ‘My paternal Grandfather was a follower of Druidism, in fact, highly placed in Druidical circles in the last century.’
- ‘I felt as if I had stumbled back several millennia into some distant Druidical ritual.’
- ‘In the poems of Ossian we have, if not the actual productions of Druidical times, what may be considered faithful representations of the songs of the Bards.’
- ‘In the process, the excavators revealed a circle of stones amongst a mass of ashes, described by Lawrence as the remains of an ‘Altar of Sacrifice or Worship, and used at some time for Druidical rites’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.