One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A seizure of illegal drugs by the police or other law-enforcement agency.
- ‘A drug bust would be fine, or maybe a dangerous fugitive arrest.’
- ‘The frigate is due back in Portsmouth before Christmas, having already notched up three major drugs busts during her deployment.’
- ‘During that same month, Webber helped to organize the biggest drug bust in Campbell County's history, during which 144 suspects were arrested.’
- ‘That could entail anything from being caught smoking marijuana at a national park to being picked up in a drug bust by the Drug Enforcement Administration.’
- ‘Chuck's protégé goes undercover on a drug bust.’
- ‘Police could never determine if marijuana found during a drug bust would be used medicinally or not, she said.’
- ‘Based on a true story about a major drug bust, and directed by William Friedkin with gritty authenticity, this Oscar-winning flick also features the best white-knuckle car chase in film history, hands down.’
- ‘Now I have to give credit where it is due, so kudos to all those involved in the major drug bust on Monos Island.’
- ‘The police found the body the next morning while conducting a drug bust, but they never, ever found the killer.’
- ‘I should reiterate, though, that it seemed like a drug bust, but no one is sure.’
- ‘As this chapter begins, a massive drug bust has just netted the town's biggest dealers.’
- ‘By the way, the next day there was a big drug bust in Millwoods.’
- ‘On the other hand, she did get caught in a drug bust and then waded into a prison fight.’
- ‘A simple drug bust can turn into a fatal encounter if things aren't handled properly.’
- ‘On 7 August 1994, armed police raided the gay nightclub Tasty in Flinders Lane, abusing and strip searching all 463 patrons present, in a drug bust.’
- ‘But his heights were matched by unbearable lows: cocaine addiction, a damaging drug bust and the media connecting his name to a murder he had nothing to do with.’
- ‘When the police needed a drug bust or a prostitution raid on its roster, it went there.’
- ‘But police say the number of drugs busts reflects the amount of illegal narcotics circulating in Hampshire.’
- ‘My father was killed in a drug bust on the police force in that city when I was only 3 years old!’
- ‘The latest drug bust revealed 160 pounds of cocaine hidden in the bodies of frozen fish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.