One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The habitual taking of illegal drugs.
- ‘The city is full of beer bars and this group of operators and their staff have had many problems with drug abuse and dealing.’
- ‘The Schmidts are not perceptive, so they did not notice the warning signs of drug abuse.’
- ‘There was no evidence of cigarette smoking and no history of drug abuse or alcoholism.’
- ‘I think that most young kids are bought up well and steer clear of rampant drug abuse opting just for the occasional experience.’
- ‘He says this form of addiction is in some ways more dangerous than more common cases of drug abuse.’
- ‘Six youngsters from the club have drawn the mural, which highlights the dangers of drug abuse and the effects it has on young people.’
- ‘I would not say kids are not aware of the dangers of drug abuse, but they disregard what they know and do drugs anyway.’
- ‘Solvents were the second most popular form of drug abuse, particularly among younger pupils.’
- ‘A once-respectable enclave has been dragged down by endemic drug abuse.’
- ‘And though it is not the best way to combat drug abuse, making it a crime to deal drugs certainly helps cut off the supply.’
- ‘Children who grow up in homes where there is alcohol or drug abuse may be more likely to develop addictions.’
- ‘This has prompted a need for creative solutions to the problem of drug abuse in this country.’
- ‘These toxins may be due to pollutants in the environment or to such things as smoking or drug abuse.’
- ‘He touches on racism, drug abuse and suicide without falling into melodrama.’
- ‘Not getting the highs he was craving, Mike went to the next stage of drug abuse - injecting heroin.’
- ‘The nationwide crackdown on drug trafficking and drug abuse has produced some visible results.’
- ‘This in turn led to a dependence on them, which was then followed by drug abuse.’
- ‘There will be more drug abuse, and that industry will be a front for it.’
- ‘Instead put it into wiping out hard drug abuse, education so people really understand the problem and the health system.’
- ‘The teachers and student members will promote education about the dangerous effects of drug abuse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.