One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A feeling of being sleepy and lethargic; sleepiness.‘this drug can cause drowsiness’
sleepiness, somnolence, tiredness, fatigue, weariness, exhaustionView synonyms
- ‘Last year, driver drowsiness was thought to be the cause of 40,000 serious injuries and 3,500 deaths on the roads.’
- ‘At the stage of lethargy and drowsiness, cerebral function is affected and the person may not be able to think well enough to make an escape effort.’
- ‘The struggle against drowsiness and fatigue is the struggle for meaning.’
- ‘I have had a few nights when I have had difficulty sleeping and pondered her case until drowsiness got the better of me again.’
- ‘The authors further justify the use of butterbur because it does not produce the drowsiness and fatigue typical of antihistamines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.