One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Australian breed of cattle that can withstand very dry conditions.‘they reckon Droughtmasters are more intelligent than European breeds’
- ‘We look at fertility and seasonal changes in liveweight of Droughtmaster cows grazing a Townsville grass pasture.’
- ‘The Alice Springs Show featured a large proportion of Droughtmasters and Droughtmaster calves.’
- ‘They sold the top-price Droughtmaster sire at the Alice Springs Show Bull Sale on Saturday.’
- ‘She gets up close and personal with a Droughtmaster bull.’
- ‘Police were called after the owner of the two droughtmaster cows found their remains strewn over the reserve the next morning.’
- ‘Everywhere you looked during the Esk show, Droughtmasters were in abundance.’
- ‘Last week's Droughtmaster sale was full of fairytale endings.’
- ‘They had a mixture of Droughtmaster and Zebu cattle in their herd.’
- ‘This year's beef Interbreed champion bull is now the world's most expensive Droughtmaster sire.’
- ‘There were plenty of smiles of relief after the Droughtmaster National sale, when a total 462 bulls sold.’
1950s: from drought + master.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.