One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A car having a fabric roof that can be folded down; a convertible.‘a small drophead with a V6 engine’
soft-top, ragtop, targaView synonyms
- ‘Another drophead that was eye-catching was also to be found on the GM stand.’
- ‘In fact I reckon the only competitor in the style stakes is the Alfa Romeo drophead.’
- ‘And to be a drophead force in the land where dropheads are a significant proportion of cars sold in certain sun-blessed states, it has to be very good as a foreign brand to compete against the merely adequate domestics.’
- ‘The market for dropheads was unerringly a fair weather one, good when the days are long and the sun is shining, adversely affected by dark, rainy days and longer nights.’
- ‘This makes it a true no-compromise everyday car, with none of the hang-ups of all other dropheads in my experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.