Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A style of waistline on a dress cut so that the seam is positioned at the hips rather than the waist.
- ‘Fluttering hemlines, waterfall necklines and dropped waists are faultlessly translated in vintage florals and delicate prints.’
- ‘Avoid any styles with a drop waist, which adds length to the torso.’
- ‘With very little thought as to what to wear, Adaela dressed in a light colored dress, sort of a dawn pink that had a dropped waist, rounded neckline, and sleeves that fluttered from the elbow.’
- ‘She can be a budding starlet from the days of silent movies in slinky glittery numbers and crochet bikinis or a Great Gatsby girl in modest bathing suits and perky resort wear featuring stripes, small neck bows and drop waists.’
- ‘It has a sweetheart neckline and a dropped waist.’
- ‘2.Make dresses for girls longer with drop waists allowing them to last another season.’
- ‘Features include two outer pockets, an inner security pocket, a rollaway hood, Velcro cuffs, and a lower-back drop waist.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.