One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A test of the strength of an object, in which it is dropped under standard conditions or a set weight is dropped on it from a given height.
- ‘In one case, a battery-operated toy lantern failed in a drop test designed to simulate normal usage.’
- ‘The abuse test had two parts: a drop test and a throw test.’
- ‘Canada's second entry, the Canadian Arrow, has just completed a drop test from 2400 metres into Lake Ontario.’
- ‘Growth of strains on various plates was compared by a drop test.’
- ‘An instrumented drop test of the intraluminal stapler was conducted and documented using high-speed video.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.