Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A goal scored in open play by drop-kicking the ball over the crossbar, scoring three points (rugby union) or one point (rugby league).
- ‘He also added two conversions and finally stroked over a drop goal to clinch matters with the last kick of the game.’
- ‘He had earlier opened the scoring with a drop goal and proceeded to score a try of his own and kick five conversions and four penalties.’
- ‘While he was off the pitch the Giants scored two tries and a drop goal took their lead to 15-12.’
- ‘The Hurricanes scored five goals to earn the bonus point against two goals, a penalty goal and a drop goal.’
- ‘After a drop goal attempt they drove well to gain a scrum just 15 metres from the try line.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.