One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make an indiscreet or embarrassing remark.‘he dropped a brick when he admitted that he knew where we were going’
- ‘He seems to have rather dropped a brick when he told the Assembly "‘South Australia does not own the Northern Territory, only manages it’.’
- ‘Every time she spoke, she dropped a brick.’
- ‘Whether you visit Japan as a tourist or a businessman - there'll be many occasions for you to drop a brick!’
- ‘As always, the career starts at the very bottom and brings a lot of disappointments and she often drops a brick.’
- ‘Three former TV soap stars stepped back into the limelight this week - and dropped a brick.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.