One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a slugger approaches the plate your child says, with a hint of drollery, ‘You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him.‘’
- ‘There is a sort of drollery here, beginning with ‘crumbles’.’
- ‘It sounds like a primarily comic conceit, and an undertone of drollery does indeed resonate delicately throughout.’
- ‘The debonair drollery of that title sets the bar high, and keeps it high.’
- ‘Bubbling over with bright ideas, visual flourishes and deadpan drollery, this is a film of wry smiles and poignant moments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.