Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An official test of a motorist's competence which must be passed in order to get a driving licence.‘she had passed her driving test at the first attempt’
- ‘I'm seriously counting down the days until I gather enough guts to actually take my driver's test.’
- ‘Aaron learned to drive from one of his friends, and miraculously passed his driver's test to get his license.’
- ‘In high school, I'd failed my driver's test not once, but twice.’
- ‘I am an advanced driver, and have passed my advanced driving test.’
- ‘Motorists who missed the deadline to convert their licences to the new credit card format should be prepared to pay fines of up to R2500 and face a six-month process of taking the learner's and driver's tests again.’
- ‘Fine, I'll say it, I failed the driver's test, okay!’
- ‘A U.S. circuit court of appeals agreed, and the state returned to driver's tests in multiple languages.’
- ‘I have exams coming up soon, and besides that I have to study for my driver's test.’
- ‘What about the extent of the eye tests required to pass a driving test?’
- ‘Nicole was infamous for failing her driver's test - four times.’
- ‘When I took my driver's test, you had to do it with a manual transmission.’
- ‘Didn't it take you six tries to pass your driver's test?’
- ‘I have two teenage boys, one of whom is 16 years old, on the verge of passing his driver's test, and starting a part-time job.’
- ‘The results of our poll tonight: 95 percent of you say all state driver's tests should be administered in English in this country - 95 percent.’
- ‘Instead, I'll drive cautiously home, going under the speed limit for the first time since my last driver's test.’
- ‘I'm in a car with someone who never took a driver's test.’
- ‘Well, the catch is that in order to race at all you must pass various driving tests to gain licences.’
- ‘All learners have to do these manoeuvres to be able to pass the official driving test.’
- ‘Scott passed his driver's test today and can drive to school now without his dad in the car.’
- ‘Then all he needs to do is pass his driving test, and his motoring accomplishments will be complete.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.