One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area where golfers can practise drives.
- ‘The golf at this hotel, which spans five tournament calibre courses, three driving ranges and six putting greens, is excellent for all levels.’
- ‘Most days he likes to walk around the golf course and its driving range collecting wayward balls.’
- ‘To help me get the knack I have had to practise constantly on the driving range and at home in my garage with a plastic ball.’
- ‘Most people feel that they are more consistent on the driving range than on the golf course.’
- ‘Many golfers head to the driving range and all they want to do is power some drives as far as they can.’
- ‘The 6.6 million golfers that play exclusively at driving ranges and alternative facilities represent an immediate pool of potential golfers for traditional facilities.’
- ‘We tested 10 types, including the goofy rubber ones found on driving ranges, to see which yielded the longest drives using the latest big-headed drivers.’
- ‘When you look at most golfers in a driving range they stand in a little bay, which I call a cell, and don't let themselves out until they've hit the perfect shot.’
- ‘The golf complex includes a regulation nine-hole public golf course, driving range and miniature golf course.’
- ‘Golf courses and driving ranges will encourage participation by mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, brothers and sisters.’
- ‘A new company division is opening to handle contract maintenance on golf courses, sports fields and driving ranges in the southwest.’
- ‘Each brand will get two bays at the driving range so interested golfers can try out all the latest models and perhaps get some needed advice.’
- ‘There was a pool, a number of tennis courts, a 9-hole golf course and a driving range.’
- ‘There are 27 holes of golf, a driving range, a putting green, and other golf facilities.’
- ‘Your local golf shop might host demo days, either at the store or with a nearby golf course or driving range.’
- ‘The driving range and the tee box are the only places where you'll never have to hit a ball that's sitting above or below your feet.’
- ‘It will be circulated each month to golf clubs, driving ranges, golf retail outlets, hotels and premium motor dealerships throughout the South West region.’
- ‘There was such demand that the high costs forced over 75% of Japanese golfers onto driving ranges and they never got a chance to play on a real course.’
- ‘Amenities in the area include an 18-hole professional golf course and a driving range.’
- ‘It is a 27 hole course with excellent practice facilities, a driving range and short game practice area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.