Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The system in a motor vehicle which connects the transmission to the drive axles.
- ‘I'm not that nuts about hybrids because, in essence, you need two drivetrains, not one.’
- ‘Keeping such a powerful motor, and indeed the rest of the drivetrain alive is a monumental task in itself.’
- ‘The compact dimensions of the system means minimum impact on interior space and the design of the drivetrain is surprisingly simple but highly efficient.’
- ‘Many have drivetrains taken from sport sedans, with suspensions to match.’
- ‘The advertised peak power is lower than a conventional drivetrain, yet it achieves the acceleration performance of a much more powerful system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.