Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The system in a motor vehicle which connects the transmission to the drive axles.
- ‘Keeping such a powerful motor, and indeed the rest of the drivetrain alive is a monumental task in itself.’
- ‘The compact dimensions of the system means minimum impact on interior space and the design of the drivetrain is surprisingly simple but highly efficient.’
- ‘The advertised peak power is lower than a conventional drivetrain, yet it achieves the acceleration performance of a much more powerful system.’
- ‘Many have drivetrains taken from sport sedans, with suspensions to match.’
- ‘I'm not that nuts about hybrids because, in essence, you need two drivetrains, not one.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.