Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rotating shaft which transmits torque in an engine.
- ‘They are followed in quick succession by the center-bearing driveshaft, exhaust system and underbody panels.’
- ‘Also, since there are no transmissions or driveshafts, the engine on a compact excavator powers only hydraulic motors.’
- ‘The trucks have crown and bevel gear sets which are connected to the motors by automotive style driveshafts.’
- ‘The list included the driveshaft, rear gear, rear hub, axle, all four brake calipers, all four rotors, all four brake pads, the master cylinders, the brake lines, all four shocks and all four springs.’
- ‘Other powertrain enhancements include thin-wall, cast-iron exhaust manifolds, a stronger driveshaft and a new clutch.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.