Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for army ant
- ‘A driver ant is painful to a human being when it gets into the nasal passages and the eyes.’
- ‘New World army ants and driver ants from Africa are swarm raiders, hunting above ground.’
- ‘Scores of dark brown driver ants with saw toothed jaws slashed through flower and leaf, devouring everything it their path.’
- ‘The animals you need to look out for in the forest are snakes, bees, driver ants, and wasps.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.