One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A document permitting a person to drive a motor vehicle; a driving licence.
- ‘You must also submit two kinds of government identification, such as your passport and driver's license.’
- ‘I got very upset, I lost my wallet which contained my bank cards, driver's license etc, and also my camera.’
- ‘Car insurance is one of the requirements to get a North Carolina driver's license.’
- ‘Make a list of Ron's assets, as well as his Social Security, driver's license and bank account numbers.’
- ‘I grabbed my purse which held my newly acquired driver's license.’
- ‘Since he didn't look like he was going to take off, I started back to my car to get my insurance card and driver's license.’
- ‘The addresses the commission uses are picked at random from driver's license and voter rolls, he said.’
- ‘I keep my money, driver's license, credit card, ATM card and subway pass in the two front pockets of my pants.’
- ‘With no driver's license, it can be difficult for farm workers to get to health care.’
- ‘Josh was working, and he had to use his social security card and driver's license because he couldn't get a job otherwise.’
- ‘Is there any connection between a hazardous materials license and a school bus driver's license?’
- ‘At most he needs your credit card and driver's license or other ID.’
- ‘I headed over to his house with my newly acquired driver's license and he already had some taquitos in the oven.’
- ‘Two of the suspects, according to officials, rented a car with a New Jersey driver's license.’
- ‘Do you need any kind of driver's license, a special license to drive something like this?’
- ‘Police also learned that the man's driver's license had been suspended.’
- ‘All that's required of me is filling out a one-page form and providing a photocopy of my passport and driver's license.’
- ‘It's a given that once you present that driver's license, you're stating who you are.’
- ‘It's their first summer with that newly minted driver's license.’
- ‘She tells me the clerk at the drugstore gave her a hard time over her ID - a North Carolina driver's license.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.