One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A document permitting a person to drive a motor vehicle; a driving licence.
- ‘Is there any connection between a hazardous materials license and a school bus driver's license?’
- ‘Car insurance is one of the requirements to get a North Carolina driver's license.’
- ‘I keep my money, driver's license, credit card, ATM card and subway pass in the two front pockets of my pants.’
- ‘Do you need any kind of driver's license, a special license to drive something like this?’
- ‘You must also submit two kinds of government identification, such as your passport and driver's license.’
- ‘With no driver's license, it can be difficult for farm workers to get to health care.’
- ‘Police also learned that the man's driver's license had been suspended.’
- ‘It's a given that once you present that driver's license, you're stating who you are.’
- ‘She tells me the clerk at the drugstore gave her a hard time over her ID - a North Carolina driver's license.’
- ‘I grabbed my purse which held my newly acquired driver's license.’
- ‘I headed over to his house with my newly acquired driver's license and he already had some taquitos in the oven.’
- ‘Josh was working, and he had to use his social security card and driver's license because he couldn't get a job otherwise.’
- ‘At most he needs your credit card and driver's license or other ID.’
- ‘Two of the suspects, according to officials, rented a car with a New Jersey driver's license.’
- ‘The addresses the commission uses are picked at random from driver's license and voter rolls, he said.’
- ‘Since he didn't look like he was going to take off, I started back to my car to get my insurance card and driver's license.’
- ‘All that's required of me is filling out a one-page form and providing a photocopy of my passport and driver's license.’
- ‘It's their first summer with that newly minted driver's license.’
- ‘I got very upset, I lost my wallet which contained my bank cards, driver's license etc, and also my camera.’
- ‘Make a list of Ron's assets, as well as his Social Security, driver's license and bank account numbers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.