Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for drivetrain
- ‘This information can be archived, and compared with vehicle drivelines and powertrains from target vehicles if desired.’
- ‘It will be a modern muscle car, with the driveline that Chevy's done right since 1955, but hopefully with better styling and build quality.’
- ‘Laser welding is used in the driveline tunnel area.’
- ‘In addition to offering smoother starts and stops, the hydrostatic system minimizes wheel spin and causes less stress on the driveline components.’
- ‘A vehicle stability control is also part of the overall driveline system.’
- ‘That is, the tank is split into two volumes joined by an inverted ‘U’ that clears the exhaust system or driveline.’
- ‘All the world's automakers are trying to develop unibody platforms that can molded to fit different body styles and drivelines.’
- ‘Some driveline shunt however, can upset serene progress.’
- ‘The subroutine will bring in our know-how on vehicle drivelines, or transmissions, or crankshafts, for example, and provide an interface to give our customers a tool they can use.’
- ‘As long as the front wheels don't slip, the rear half of the driveline is merely along for the ride.’
- ‘The driveline passes through the skin and attaches to the power base unit, which consists of a system controller and batteries.’
- ‘Silencing noise and vibration harshness in the driveline is becoming more and more important as consumers demand increasingly greater comfort and performance levels in their vehicles.’
- ‘The rear driveline was dug in, so the front spun.’
- ‘After 300 minutes from the start of the assembly process, the marriage train is placed under the body and the driveline connected to it.’
- ‘The H-layout of the driveline allows a very low height, with the power being transmitted to the wheels via angular and wheel gears.’
- ‘For the type of work we do, that ratio saves on clutches and drivelines.’
- ‘The Prius has no clutch or torque converter, and the driveline does not have a transmission to send torque to the drive wheels.’
- ‘For stability the welded steel sub-frame is double-isolated from the driveline, and the L-shaped lower control arm incorporates a liquid-filled bushing for added isolation.’
- ‘The supplier specializes in transmissions and drivelines.’
- ‘Two additional hydroformed tubes define the bottom corners of the driveline tunnel.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.