Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An endless chain with links that engage with toothed wheels in order to transmit power from one shaft to another in an engine or machine tool.
- ‘A hybrid car uses a gasoline engine in conjunction with an electric motor for its drive chain.’
- ‘There's an engine, drive chain and brakes - and a controller called the driver.’
- ‘Despite having to adapt to an unfamiliar bike, Palmer finished a creditable ninth in the first race, but a snapped drive chain led to his retirement in the second race when in seventh place.’
- ‘I got my smock tangled up in the drive chain of our hanging belt one time.’
- ‘One of the drive chains jumped the sprocket and the team could not fix it.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.