One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Water pure enough for drinking.
- ‘Women and children have to walk up to half a mile to draw drinking water from a water source.’
- ‘Unlike some resorts in other parts of the world, drinking water and hot beverages are free.’
- ‘Also, remember that it is better to drink dirty water than to go without drinking water all.’
- ‘There is no drinking water because wells and water supplies have been flooded by seawater.’
- ‘It was also used for watering the flowers in the churchyard, and for drinking water.’
- ‘Overlaid on this general picture is the pattern of special commercially available drinking water.’
- ‘The rainy seasons have been disastrous, to the point where there are serious shortages of drinking water.’
- ‘More than 1.5 million litres of fresh drinking water were delivered to the local population.’
- ‘In an age of murky drinking water, carefully made white wine was valued for its clarity.’
- ‘The greatest immediate threat is always lack of adequate drinking water.’
- ‘I searched far and wide but could not find a single drop of water, not even boiled drinking water.’
- ‘But I wonder how many readers know or care about the demise of free drinking water in many of our schools.’
- ‘We offered to supply her with bottles of drinking water if she was still not happy using water from the tap.’
- ‘Without any surface water, drinking water had to be carted from wells sunk on the beach.’
- ‘His drinking water comes from a nearby water tower by means of a simple pipe, and his foul waste drops into the Thames itself.’
- ‘The saving grace is that the Zoo's drinking water comes from the piped water supply.’
- ‘Water used for this purpose must be drinking water or clean seawater.’
- ‘There is the cost of cleaning chemical pollution from our drinking water.’
- ‘As many people used river water as their source of drinking water, the disease spread with ease.’
- ‘It shows how to cultivate vegetables in poor soil and produce drinking water from sea water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.