One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Water pure enough for drinking.
- ‘The greatest immediate threat is always lack of adequate drinking water.’
- ‘As many people used river water as their source of drinking water, the disease spread with ease.’
- ‘There is the cost of cleaning chemical pollution from our drinking water.’
- ‘It was also used for watering the flowers in the churchyard, and for drinking water.’
- ‘But I wonder how many readers know or care about the demise of free drinking water in many of our schools.’
- ‘It shows how to cultivate vegetables in poor soil and produce drinking water from sea water.’
- ‘There is no drinking water because wells and water supplies have been flooded by seawater.’
- ‘We offered to supply her with bottles of drinking water if she was still not happy using water from the tap.’
- ‘In an age of murky drinking water, carefully made white wine was valued for its clarity.’
- ‘Without any surface water, drinking water had to be carted from wells sunk on the beach.’
- ‘I searched far and wide but could not find a single drop of water, not even boiled drinking water.’
- ‘The saving grace is that the Zoo's drinking water comes from the piped water supply.’
- ‘More than 1.5 million litres of fresh drinking water were delivered to the local population.’
- ‘The rainy seasons have been disastrous, to the point where there are serious shortages of drinking water.’
- ‘Overlaid on this general picture is the pattern of special commercially available drinking water.’
- ‘Also, remember that it is better to drink dirty water than to go without drinking water all.’
- ‘His drinking water comes from a nearby water tower by means of a simple pipe, and his foul waste drops into the Thames itself.’
- ‘Women and children have to walk up to half a mile to draw drinking water from a water source.’
- ‘Unlike some resorts in other parts of the world, drinking water and hot beverages are free.’
- ‘Water used for this purpose must be drinking water or clean seawater.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.