One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Water pure enough for drinking.
- ‘Women and children have to walk up to half a mile to draw drinking water from a water source.’
- ‘As many people used river water as their source of drinking water, the disease spread with ease.’
- ‘Unlike some resorts in other parts of the world, drinking water and hot beverages are free.’
- ‘In an age of murky drinking water, carefully made white wine was valued for its clarity.’
- ‘Overlaid on this general picture is the pattern of special commercially available drinking water.’
- ‘The rainy seasons have been disastrous, to the point where there are serious shortages of drinking water.’
- ‘The greatest immediate threat is always lack of adequate drinking water.’
- ‘We offered to supply her with bottles of drinking water if she was still not happy using water from the tap.’
- ‘There is no drinking water because wells and water supplies have been flooded by seawater.’
- ‘It shows how to cultivate vegetables in poor soil and produce drinking water from sea water.’
- ‘It was also used for watering the flowers in the churchyard, and for drinking water.’
- ‘Water used for this purpose must be drinking water or clean seawater.’
- ‘His drinking water comes from a nearby water tower by means of a simple pipe, and his foul waste drops into the Thames itself.’
- ‘There is the cost of cleaning chemical pollution from our drinking water.’
- ‘I searched far and wide but could not find a single drop of water, not even boiled drinking water.’
- ‘The saving grace is that the Zoo's drinking water comes from the piped water supply.’
- ‘More than 1.5 million litres of fresh drinking water were delivered to the local population.’
- ‘But I wonder how many readers know or care about the demise of free drinking water in many of our schools.’
- ‘Without any surface water, drinking water had to be carted from wells sunk on the beach.’
- ‘Also, remember that it is better to drink dirty water than to go without drinking water all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.