One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mixture of cocoa powder, milk solids, and sugar, added to hot milk to make a chocolate drink.
- ‘Parts of dismembered trees, dustbins, boxes, plant pots and all manner of debris flew and crashed around and by 2 am I had given up the unequal struggle that was sleep and took refuge with a cup of drinking chocolate in front of the TV.’
- ‘From the second questionnaire we obtained information on intake of coffee, tea, drinking chocolate, and cola and marital status, education, and employment status.’
- ‘Your mug of home-made hot drinking chocolate is ready!’
- ‘I did a quiz on the internet to find out if I was addicted to drinking chocolate… well, it goes something like this…’
- ‘Described as ‘drinking a melted truffle’, the chocolate has an intense, full-bodied flavor and a rich, silky texture that builds on the tradition of European drinking chocolate.’
- ‘The drinking chocolate contains Fairtrade cocoa beans and cane sugar from the Caribbean and Africa.’
- ‘When the Spanish took cocoa back to Europe in the 17th century, drinking chocolate became an exclusive luxury for the elite of society.’
- ‘He also felt a problem-solving question about the cost of a box of drinking chocolate was difficult.’
- ‘And look very closely at the labels on things like Horlicks and drinking chocolate.’
- ‘The Dutch Cocoa House in Hanover, which has specialised in drinking chocolate since 1921, offers a similarly wide range of hot drinks.’
- ‘The Natural History Museum has recreated the original drinking chocolate in a block as prescribed by Sir Hans Sloane in 1689.’
- ‘She also serves 32 types of drinking chocolate.’
- ‘And it was Spaniards who first introduced Europeans to drinking chocolate.’
- ‘I have never really thought that much of drinking chocolate.’
- ‘The Innkeeper emptied a sachet of Cadbury's drinking chocolate into a mug and went out the back to turn the kettle on.’
- ‘But apparently the combination of Cadburys drinking chocolate and organic instant coffee, well, that's another story all together.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.