One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consume as much alcohol as one's drinking companion without becoming as drunk.
- ‘After all the formalities I drank him under the table at the pub.’
- ‘They promptly drank you under the table then gave you a good thrashing.’
- ‘These guys can drink you under the table, and talk your ears off once you're down there.’
- ‘But the Australians would drink them under the table, then be up at 6: 30 working.’
- ‘You didn't drink me under the table, but you did do better then I thought you would.’
- ‘I bet she could drink you under the table any day.’
- ‘Girls have always felt like the weaker sex so now they want to show guys that they aren't - even if it's by drinking them under the table!’
- ‘I'd tell guys, ‘I can drink you under the table!’’
- ‘Liza could drink him under the table with one hand tied behind her back.’
- ‘The drummer, who once reportedly dated the sexy blonde, claims Tara is the only woman who can drink him under the table.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.