One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consume as much alcohol as one's drinking companion without becoming as drunk.
- ‘But the Australians would drink them under the table, then be up at 6: 30 working.’
- ‘I'd tell guys, ‘I can drink you under the table!’’
- ‘Liza could drink him under the table with one hand tied behind her back.’
- ‘The drummer, who once reportedly dated the sexy blonde, claims Tara is the only woman who can drink him under the table.’
- ‘You didn't drink me under the table, but you did do better then I thought you would.’
- ‘Girls have always felt like the weaker sex so now they want to show guys that they aren't - even if it's by drinking them under the table!’
- ‘These guys can drink you under the table, and talk your ears off once you're down there.’
- ‘After all the formalities I drank him under the table at the pub.’
- ‘I bet she could drink you under the table any day.’
- ‘They promptly drank you under the table then gave you a good thrashing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.