One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Police are offering awards to those who pass on information leading to the arrest and conviction of a drink-driver.’
- ‘The convicted drink-driver admitted to the officers he had ‘been in trouble with the police for violence’.’
- ‘The course educates convicted drink-drivers about the damaging effects their crime can have on innocent lives.’
- ‘We will be revealing the identity of convicted drink-drivers who shamelessly put lives at risk.’
- ‘In other words, not all drink-drivers who watched the advertisements were caught by the police, and some who did not watch the advertisements were among those who were caught.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.