One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The convicted drink-driver admitted to the officers he had ‘been in trouble with the police for violence’.’
- ‘In other words, not all drink-drivers who watched the advertisements were caught by the police, and some who did not watch the advertisements were among those who were caught.’
- ‘We will be revealing the identity of convicted drink-drivers who shamelessly put lives at risk.’
- ‘The course educates convicted drink-drivers about the damaging effects their crime can have on innocent lives.’
- ‘Police are offering awards to those who pass on information leading to the arrest and conviction of a drink-driver.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.