One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many companies will be involved in the project from construction contractors to drillers to transportation firms.’
- ‘Battalions of rig builders, engineers, and drillers were airlifted into far-flung, often dangerous, sites.’
- ‘Most of these early drillers and operators were local folk, or members of an industrious and close-knit fraternity who had grown up in and around the salt well or oil-skimming business.’
- ‘To get more reliable data, the ice drillers went to a second location, some 1400 kilometers distant from Camp Century.’
- ‘The oil drillers are worried about icebergs crashing into their platforms or sinking their tankers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.