One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A structure consisting of coupled lengths of pipe or casing, which occupies the hole made in drilling for oil or gas.
- ‘Vibration of the drill string may also reduce the friction between the drill string and the hole, resulting in lower torque requirements.’
- ‘The first end of the shaft is connectable to the drill string of a horizontal boring machine.’
- ‘A 400-ton heave compensator keeps the drill string stable relative to the sea floor.’
- ‘You keep adding to the drill string until you reach the total depth of the well.’
- ‘Mud is injected into the drill string, up a borehole and through the blowout preventor adjacent the sea floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.