Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rotating rod or cylinder used in drilling.
- ‘Venture partners Arc Energy and Origin Energy announced on Monday an open hole drill stem test flowed gas at a stabilised daily rate of 16.5 million cubic feet.’
- ‘When extracting the drill stem, the sections would be disconnected and capped, then packaged together for the return to Earth.’
- ‘RIL, as the operator of the block, had conducted two drill stem tests in the F1 well.’
- ‘A drill stem guide and cover system is designed to guide a drill stem used in coke cutting operations.’
- ‘Drilling of this well was commenced on May 7 and during the course of drilling, which has now reached up to a depth of 1,750 metres, a number of drill stem tests have been carried out.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.