One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rotating rod or cylinder used in drilling.
- ‘A drill stem guide and cover system is designed to guide a drill stem used in coke cutting operations.’
- ‘RIL, as the operator of the block, had conducted two drill stem tests in the F1 well.’
- ‘When extracting the drill stem, the sections would be disconnected and capped, then packaged together for the return to Earth.’
- ‘Drilling of this well was commenced on May 7 and during the course of drilling, which has now reached up to a depth of 1,750 metres, a number of drill stem tests have been carried out.’
- ‘Venture partners Arc Energy and Origin Energy announced on Monday an open hole drill stem test flowed gas at a stabilised daily rate of 16.5 million cubic feet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.