One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The wafting incense smell made my head go drifty.’
- ‘According to an economist at Tokyo University, the drifty lives of parasite singles are indeed a by-product of increased longevity, mainly because longer-lived seniors are holding on to their jobs.’
- ‘‘Yeah, I guess… ‘her voice had that drifty sound like that wasn't enough.’
- ‘At least he was amused and not annoyed - I guess I must've been pretty drifty, so I spent my last period making the librarians wonder why they hadn't become sewage workers or something instead.’
- ‘I've got to make a couple of very hard decisions on a daily basis instead of taking the easy drifty way out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.