One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A table with a mirror and drawers, used while dressing or applying make-up.
- ‘There was a dressing table too, which meant the make-up could be organized.’
- ‘I went into my bedroom and found Milly already sitting in her chair doing her makeup in the dressing table mirror.’
- ‘Bridget laughed at my reaction and nodded solemnly before returning to checking her mascara in the dressing table mirror.’
- ‘When I had arranged these, with my hairbrush and other toilet articles on the dressing table, the place began to look quite homelike.’
- ‘This has built-in double wardrobes incorporating a dressing table and vanity unit.’
- ‘Looking up, she is at just the right level to stare at her face in her dressing table mirror.’
- ‘On the first floor, the master suite has an open-plan dressing area lined with fitted wardrobes and a dressing table.’
- ‘In the evening he stood beside me as I sat at my dressing table removing my make-up.’
- ‘Both have extensive wardrobes, chests of drawers and dressing tables.’
- ‘I put my lunchbox down and grabbed the hat that was on the dressing table next to the mirror.’
- ‘The range of ornamental furniture extends to cots, dressing tables and dining tables.’
- ‘She sat in front of her dressing table's mirror, a silver comb in her hand.’
- ‘Across the wall opposite the bed was a row of cupboards with a dressing table and a mirror in it.’
- ‘Features in the bathroom include a corner bath with an overhead shower, a bidet and a vanity dressing table.’
- ‘On the dressing table three rectangular mirrors reflected greyness from the garden.’
- ‘Five minutes later Amanda sat in front of the mirror of her dressing table aimlessly brushing her hair.’
- ‘I put them through my ears and then looked in the mirror over my dressing table.’
- ‘She looked at his reflection in the dressing table mirror as she unpinned her hair.’
- ‘Next door, the second double bedroom is decorated in cream and includes fitted wardrobes, a dressing table and mirror.’
- ‘I noticed the single oval mirror in my dressing table.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.