One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a ship) decorated with a continuous line of flags from bow to stern.‘the marina was crammed full of yachts dressed overall’
- ‘The most eye-catching exhibit - apart from Northumberland, dressed overall - was the amphibious car, a £150,000 vehicle which regularly hurtled past the frigate's berth.’
- ‘A number of boats were dressed overall for the regatta or were flying their battle flags.’
- ‘Beyond hosting various media events while in Southampton, the ship will be open to visitors throughout the boat show and be dressed overall for the duration.’
- ‘The Union Castle Line's flagship, the Windsor Castle, was dressed overall to mark her 100th voyage between Southampton and South Africa when she docked in Durban.’
- ‘While in port the ship was dressed overall, along with other vessels, to mark the national celebrations and to meet up again with colleagues from the Royal Canadian Navy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.