One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A military parade in full dress uniform.
- ‘The president reviewed a dress parade involving 2000 cadets from the academy and two other academies - the Chinese Naval Academy and the Chinese Air Force Academy.’
- ‘Today, instead of dress parade for British soldiers, we will find a line of Buddhist nuns filing down the streets on their daily walk for alms.’
- ‘Saturday mornings alternated between dress parade and inter-squadron track meets.’
- ‘Dress parade was a fact of everyday military life during the American Civil War.’
- ‘The dress parade was held, as usual, at the Royal Plaza in central Bangkok.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.