One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And there is a sense, too, in which this is a problem of style; because when one opens the contemporary novel, the first thing one notices is how drearily written it is.’
- ‘‘I don't know and I have no opinion,’ he said drearily.’
- ‘People walked drearily through the wet streets with dull Sunday faces, longing for all to be over.’
- ‘Sure as night followed day, Sunday would trail drearily into Monday, as the utterly predictable process of the working week began again.’
- ‘Everyone drearily began to descend the stairs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.