One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having the qualities of a dream; unreal.‘she snapped out of her dreamlike state’
unreal, unsubstantial, illusive, illusory, illusionary, imaginary, chimerical, ethereal, phantasmagorical, trance-likeView synonyms
- ‘She had to sit stock still a lot of the time, because of the pain, but she made it a style; in her finery, she was a dreamlike vision, a surrealist object.’
- ‘‘It has this surreal, dreamlike quality but it's still within a genre,’ he explains.’
- ‘In the beginning it has an unreal, dreamlike quality to it.’
- ‘Everything took on a dreamlike sense of unreality, and faded into blackness.’
- ‘The general feeling is very organic, nostalgic and dreamlike without being overly psychedelic and retro.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.