One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A route along which Aboriginal Dreamtime ancestors travelled.‘these paintings map Dreaming tracks across central Australia’
- ‘A great stride forward was made in recognizing Aboriginal Dreaming tracks, marking the journey of spiritual ancestors in central Australia.’
- ‘There is another story that takes a Dreaming track through to, I think, Alice Springs.’
- ‘Because the Dreaming tracks criss-cross and intersect at many points, they establish a network of spiritual bonds which tie the bands of a region together.’
- ‘They felt aggrieved by this action to mine their country, destroying sacred sites and important Dreaming tracks, and called for them to change the decision to mine.’
- ‘Many Dreaming tracks from all through Central Australia converge on or pass through the Todd River and surrounding ranges.’
- ‘Spiritual ancestors of the Aborigines are seen to have created the landscape when they travelled along Dreaming tracks.’
- ‘All Australia is part of one or another Dreaming path, and on more than one where they mesh, which is often.’
- ‘All trade routes are inevitably on a Dreaming path, though not necessarily the same one.’
- ‘Intangible materials, such as stories, Dreaming tracks, and songs, are not protected.’
- ‘People may claim ownership of sites linked by Dreaming tracks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.