One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A route along which Aboriginal Dreamtime ancestors travelled.‘these paintings map Dreaming tracks across central Australia’
- ‘There is another story that takes a Dreaming track through to, I think, Alice Springs.’
- ‘Because the Dreaming tracks criss-cross and intersect at many points, they establish a network of spiritual bonds which tie the bands of a region together.’
- ‘All trade routes are inevitably on a Dreaming path, though not necessarily the same one.’
- ‘People may claim ownership of sites linked by Dreaming tracks.’
- ‘All Australia is part of one or another Dreaming path, and on more than one where they mesh, which is often.’
- ‘Spiritual ancestors of the Aborigines are seen to have created the landscape when they travelled along Dreaming tracks.’
- ‘They felt aggrieved by this action to mine their country, destroying sacred sites and important Dreaming tracks, and called for them to change the decision to mine.’
- ‘Intangible materials, such as stories, Dreaming tracks, and songs, are not protected.’
- ‘Many Dreaming tracks from all through Central Australia converge on or pass through the Todd River and surrounding ranges.’
- ‘A great stride forward was made in recognizing Aboriginal Dreaming tracks, marking the journey of spiritual ancestors in central Australia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.