One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pair of candidates standing together for political office who are ideally matched to attract widespread support.
- ‘Whether that future has a political element or not remains to be confirmed but Kenny would dearly love to have a candidate of Galwey's calibre and profile on a dream ticket in South Kerry.’
- ‘The dream ticket would have to be John Prescott and Ann Widdecombe.’
- ‘‘We think this is a dream ticket,’ Mr. Kerry told a rally of thousands in Cleveland yesterday.’
- ‘Asked what his dream ticket would be for 2008, he responded, ‘Somebody who would stand up and fight for the kind of people we're talking about here today.’’
- ‘From our perspective, the dream ticket would be for Fahey and McDaid to run.’
- ‘A couple of months ago I fantasised about a dream ticket that could both unite the US and rejoin the battle against Islamist terror with new vigour and integrity.’
- ‘The pair were excitedly referred to as a dream ticket when they arrived a year ago but, for Dalglish, the return has served only to obliterate his lustre as far as the majority of Celtic supporters are concerned.’
- ‘While the talks between Empey and Donaldson seem to have come to nothing, the notion of the dream ticket still holds some appeal for those in the unionist middle-ground.’
- ‘That was a dream ticket, that they probably dreamed about at night.’
- ‘Eighteen months previously, the Simpson-Crawley alliance had been paraded as Lancashire's dream ticket, but it quickly went sour over their decision to sideline Ian Austin and Graham Lloyd.’
- ‘‘I want you to know we think this is a dream ticket,’ Kerry said as he appeared with Edwards and his family in a rally in Cleveland, Ohio.’
- ‘Robin Cook and Clare Short make an improbable dream ticket.’
- ‘Washington is alive with the latest Campaign '08 rumor: a dream ticket of John McCain and Jeb Bush.’
- ‘One of those post several pint political hypotheticals came up - what would have been the real dream ticket for the Democrats in the US presidential election?’
- ‘Some think that Allen could form a dream ticket with the better known Rice or Giuliani as vice-president, pulling in extra voters in swing states.’
- ‘It's something we'd hoped for and really been expecting for a number of years now, but to have it happen is marvellous, it's a dream ticket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.