One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Prepare a plan, agreement, or other document in detail.‘they instructed an attorney to draw up a sales agreement’
compose, formulate, frame, write out, write down, put in writing, put down, put down on paper, draft, prepare, think up, devise, work out, map out, plan, conceive, create, invent, originate, coin, designarrange, marshal, muster, assemble, group, order, range, rank, line up, parade, place, dispose, position, put into position, set out, array, set forthView synonyms
- ‘Although the original document was drawn up more than 200 years ago, it still provides the basic rules and establishes the basic institutional structures through which politics is practised.’
- ‘It can't be beyond the wit of those concerned to arrive at a point where Connecting the City is underway and the demolition and clearance are in progress while new detailed plans are drawn up that will keep everybody happy.’
- ‘But under new planning legislation consultation with the public now begins at an earlier stage before the draft plan has been drawn up.’
- ‘Detailed plans will be drawn up for the introduction of coaching for non golfers and it is hoped to introduce the scheme through the primary schools both North and South during the next school year.’
- ‘Detailed plans will be drawn up over the next few months after people are consulted on what they would like to see in the building.’
- ‘Infuriatingly, they won't give any indication as to whether a plan will be approved until it has been drawn up in full detail, which means spending thousands on drawings that will probably be binned.’
- ‘‘Open and constructive discussions have already been held with our colleagues in Leeds about this scheme, and these will continue as more detailed plans are drawn up,’ he said.’
- ‘Detailed plans will be drawn up and people will be given a chance to comment before the area committee gives the final go-ahead.’
- ‘This has been mentioned previously and although a draft agreement was drawn up, it was not signed by the Trust.’
- ‘But if the proposal went down well, more detailed plans could be drawn up and applications for lottery and other funding begun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.