Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who writes plays; a playwright.
dramatist, writer, tragedianView synonyms
- ‘She was resident dramaturgist for their theater program.’
- ‘It was an essential task of the dramaturgist to arrange and synthesize many conflicting events or legends into a sequential plot.’
- ‘Dramaturgists begin with Shakespeare's phrase, "All the world's a stage, and we are all players."’
- ‘It is not only the formal, but also the processual and transitory elements of human situations that preoccupy the dramaturgists.’
- ‘When a new theatre had been established at Bergen, Ibsen was appointed dramaturgist and dramatic poet.’
Early 19th century: formed as dramaturge + -ist.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.