One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- North American term for draining board
- ‘All an architect really had to accommodate was a freestanding range, a sink with a few feet of drainboard, an icebox and a dishwasher - the two-legged kind.’
- ‘And speaking of space, there is also the option of commercial-grade restaurant sinks that can be more than six feet long including drainboards.’
- ‘In the kitchen on the white enamel drainboard sat a topaz tumbler bearing a red lipstick stain on its rim.’
- ‘At the back of the drainboard, smack in the middle of the dishcloth, a small brown roach waved his antennae sluggishly-sick, no doubt, confusing his nights and days.’
- ‘The first mission she gave herself was to wash out the empty fish bowl and leave it on the drainboard to dry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.