Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A car built or modified to take part in drag races.
- ‘He is also a passionate automotive enthusiast Having raced everything from stock cars to karts and dragsters to the Saleen S7R supercar, Mail has a passion for going to the extreme.’
- ‘And he is getting accustomed to tuning a dragster again after so many years with a Funny Car.’
- ‘Two door cars and two dragsters remained in competition when Saturday's Super Pro semi-finals rolled around.’
- ‘The crashed dragster was a backup car from last season, which the team replaced with a brand-new car that was in the trailer.’
- ‘Wouldn't it be great if at one NHRA event, say Indy, all the Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars were painted in the schemes of some of the early racers?’
- ‘‘I really like racing against dragsters with a door car,’ said Hall.’
- ‘Pro Fuel Shootout: 300 mph Top Fuel dragsters go head to head piloted by Europe's top drag racing talent in the seriously fast, seriously noisy, nitro-guzzling missiles!’
- ‘The dragsters and door cars are separated until the final, when the dragster winner races the door-car champ.’
- ‘The series ended with a battle between a door car and a dragster.’
- ‘Any fans interested in owning a Top Fuel dragster may be able to take home my Snap-on dragster at the end of the season.’
- ‘‘I bought him just about every die-cast Funny Car there is, and he has a couple of dragsters,’ said Jackson.’
- ‘When we're at the end of the track after a run, the neatest-sounding car is still a blown-alcohol dragster.’
- ‘Lefthanded-steering street cars are eligible, but dragsters aren't.’
- ‘By quarter-finals time, four door cars and three dragsters remained in Super Pro competition.’
- ‘A couple of years later, I sold the Funny Car and bought an engine for the dragster.’
- ‘It contains production-based and backhalved Super Modifieds, gas dragsters, altereds, roadsters, and plenty of tube-chassis cars and trucks.’
- ‘It's the fastest and loudest motor-sport on earth, with sensational race action from dragsters and door-slammers, beetles and bikes.’
- ‘Top Comp appeals to racers and fans because it attracts a variety of cars, ranging from dragsters and Pro Mods to nostalgia dragsters and Pro Stockers.’
- ‘By the early 1970s, I began building some of the first MPC Funny Car kits, a lot of gas coupes and altered-wheelbase cars, and a few front-engine dragsters.’
- ‘You can drive a dragster farther than you can drive a Funny Car.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.