One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slow-growing palmlike tree of the agave family, which is native to the Canary Islands and yields dragon's blood.
Dracaena draco, family Agavaceae
- ‘While the luxuriant hamadryad (dragon tree) is fêted by all the villagers, each family also venerates a grove of its own trees.’
- ‘"Dragon Trees" are available from small starter plants to twenty foot plus specimens.’
- ‘A group of tree-size species with stout trunks and stiff, broad-based leaves, growing in arid semi-desert areas, and known as dragon trees.’
- ‘Images such as the ‘dragon tree’, mist in the forest, and geomteric illusions,’ Akbar explains.’
- ‘Besides, my sister is the only one among us that can receive the wood we need from the dragon tree!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.