Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Dress up in clothes more conventionally worn by the opposite sex.‘he drags up to play a high-heeled bordello inmate’
- ‘I dreamed I had been dragging up for work since I started, and they were all convinced I was a girl.’
- ‘It's complicated, because actually sometimes I like wearing skirts and being femme, and visually I don't pass as a man at all unless I'm dragged up to the nines.’
- ‘I've dragged up properly with facial hair a few times.’
- ‘The torrential confession of Detective-Sergeant Bruce Robertson, a cocaine-addicted, eczema - ridden, worm-eaten Edinburgh copper, entailed the shaven-headed Burn dragging up.’
- ‘Dave drags up to become his own female backing group - all three of them!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.