One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man who ostentatiously dresses up in women's clothes.
- ‘But how else do you explain her penchant for dressing like a drag queen?’
- ‘He left home at 17 and lived for a time in Sydney where he performed as a drag queen, travelled overseas and lived on Norfolk Island before settling in Alice Springs.’
- ‘He was also in P-Town, Mass. performing as a drag queen at a little club.’
- ‘Can we call an artist a drag queen when she really wants to be called a female impersonator?’
- ‘They were performing at a drag queen bar on Capitol HIll.’
- ‘Broken into three categories, performers must sign up in advance for either the drag queen, chanteur/chanteuse or variety competitions, where they compete for prizes and advance from week to week.’
- ‘He performed as a drag queen in a punk-rock group.’
- ‘He is a drag queen who performs once a month at the town's only gay bar.’
- ‘The entertainment begins with the resident drag queen strutting her stuff as you tuck into a three course meal and sip cocktails.’
- ‘The drag queen, singer and comedian died after losing his battle against cancer, aged 66.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.