One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I was terrified that the first episode began so slowly and drably that it would put people off,’ he admits.’
- ‘The dancers are white-faced and dressed drably in grey and black, with smears on their costumes like chalk.’
- ‘From the cockpit, we could see rows of drably camouflaged warplanes filling every inch of ramp space.’
- ‘This time she wasn't dressing as drably as possible.’
- ‘That headline reads like the title of a Monty Python sketch or an obscure, slightly funny but drably photographed art-house movie.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.