One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yoga pose in which the body assumes an inverted V shape, with the hands and feet on the floor, and the buttocks pointing upwards.‘just because you're not in a yoga studio, it doesn't mean you can't practise your downward dog’
- ‘Certainly those comments ring true for yoga devotee Janine, who is signed up and ready to greet the new year in downward dog.’
- ‘Does your yoga teacher know the difference between a cobra and a downward dog?’
- ‘After the class, she pulled me aside and told me my downward-dog had improved marvelously over the course of the 90 minute class.’
- ‘One walks away with a new appreciation of downward dog after holding the posture for an extended period of time.’
- ‘Hold position and breathe normally, then exhale as you push back into downward-facing dog.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.