Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A yoga pose in which the body assumes an inverted V shape, with the hands and feet on the floor, and the buttocks pointing upwards.‘just because you're not in a yoga studio, it doesn't mean you can't practise your downward dog’
- ‘Certainly those comments ring true for yoga devotee Janine, who is signed up and ready to greet the new year in downward dog.’
- ‘One walks away with a new appreciation of downward dog after holding the posture for an extended period of time.’
- ‘After the class, she pulled me aside and told me my downward-dog had improved marvelously over the course of the 90 minute class.’
- ‘Does your yoga teacher know the difference between a cobra and a downward dog?’
- ‘Hold position and breathe normally, then exhale as you push back into downward-facing dog.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.