One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of data) able to be copied from one computer system to another or to a disk.‘the illustrations are available as downloadable files from the website’
- ‘The content will be downloadable to either a PC or a mobile phone.’
- ‘Unfortunately this approach hasn't worked and the offending picture is still downloadable from the site.’
- ‘For a company selling downloadable software over the Internet, that presents a real dilemma.’
- ‘There's a particularly neat Barcode Clock that's freely downloadable.’
- ‘The site also presents statistics, data, and a number of downloadable documents pertaining to smoking.’
- ‘So we developed a discussion guide, which is also available on the Web, fully downloadable as a PDF.’
- ‘The downloadable toolbar suggests related, text-based links to consumers based on the sites they visit.’
- ‘The same show would be downloadable in four different versions each week.’
- ‘Internet music piracy had already taken a slug out of the budget market, and legally downloadable music from the internet posed a long-term threat.’
- ‘The company's recently updated website allows clients to fill in a questionnaire that comes in three different downloadable formats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.