One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘See you later,’ he said downheartedly.’
- ‘She heard herself ask, pleading, ‘but I know there is nowhere else…’ she said downheartedly, crossing her arms about her chest and lowering her head.’
- ‘‘Save your load of bull for someone who cares about you right now…’ he points to Radley, who looks at me downheartedly.’
- ‘Michael slips downheartedly out of the room followed by Julia.’
- ‘Lightening flashed and a distant rumble of thunder followed it before the pair came out again, the woman trudging downheartedly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.